Monday, March 03, 2008

My yellow flowers...

The tree...It looked as if the roots had been turned downside up. I'd never seen this tree so lifeless. So barren. Every morning on my way to work, I would see the bright yellow flowers. They smiled at me. I knew it and I smiled back. It was my tree, I owned it, only because no one else did. And I felt like I was losing my one true possession.

In the mornings the choking feeling was intense. The noose kept tightening and more harder these days. I would wake up more as a result of the imaginary asphyxiation I was suffering from. Stare at the deep red walls in my room. Wondering if color had anything to do with the amount of oxygen in the room. Stare at the fan, wondering if the rotating motion was actually gushing air into my face to choke me more. I get back to my senses and realise that I was the king of this world. My subjects surrounding me. I commanded respect here, and they obeyed...meekly. I read the news, just to feel connected. Connected to this world, which I had forsaken 7 months ago.

She was the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever set their gaze on. So pure...so perfect...so white...
She could not do anyone an wrong. She was incapable of it. Yet they accused her. Stoned her, bled her, raped her spirit. I could not be a spectator, not with her in the middle. I set her free. As painless as I could make it. Not a tear fell, not a brow flinched. I saw her fly...far away like a beautiful butterfly. Then I cried...

Now I try to stay, to punish myself. To rot in her memories, to live in the agony. Only to realise every passing day, how incapable I myself am. I burn inside, and don't let the tears soothe my pain. The fire within, it reminds of her warmth. I hear a loud cracking noise outside, like a twig breaking. We're falling down the cliff. I see everything, the wild flowers in the crevices, the small rocks falling with us, the bright yellow flame inviting me, my face...my face in the glass window, just before it cracks...I see...I'm crying...

I know where the flowers are now...I'm going to them...