Thursday, August 30, 2007

The letter

So what did my idle brain dish out this time? Well here goes...Hopefully it makes sense to you, the reader...

-------------------------------------------------

My One and Only...
I wish to say my heart is heavy but it has never felt lighter...
I wish to say I'm sorry but it feels so right...
I wish to say I want to stay but I will not survive...
I wish to say goodbye but I know...I know I will see you soon...

I have reached the cusp...No return from here...No looking back...I have nothing left to give the world...Nothing left to prove...I have but no purpose left, no usefulness in me...I'm no coward for unlike the others I will conquer death...And let her conquer me...I have realized every happiness there is...Everything that my senses could perceive...I have felt the rain on my skin...I let the wind blow me away...I tasted the love of the woman...And you gave me the joy of pain...that which only an offspring brings...

You, my love, are the only regret I leave...For I know how cruel the world is...The world with men who know no kindness...The men who know only lust...The men who kill for reasons unknown...Wolves have more compassion than them...The selfish man within me said "Let her live, Let her survive"...For once I fumbled, for once I thought...I shall not take you with me my love...Your father sees you less blessed...I will wait for you praying...Praying that you and only you shall forgive me...Forgive thy sinner...

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

Amen


-------------------------------------------------

This is something i conceived. How a father bade farewell to his daughter...