Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Location Crisis"

Strange are the ways in which the human mind reacts to its environment. Stranger are the reactions...

After what seemed like a really long time, I got a chance to go back to my "swades", Kerala, last month. From the outset it felt different. For starters, it felt as though I was goin after a whole year, when in reality it had only been 3 months. When I landed at the airport, I smelt the air, standing on the tarmac. I had never ever done that! My own place, Cochin, started feeling foreign to me from then. I started viewing everything around me as a third person!

Its kinda weird cuz this was a place I'd spent 23 long years at. How could this feeling even occur into me?! So I tried reasoning out and asked myself, if not Cochin, then which place gives me the sense of belonging? NOT Pune where I'm staying right now. I bever got that homely feeling here. Maybe Bangalore where I will be moving to in some time. But that was really illogical and not making any sense.

Then it dawned on me...*LOCATION CRISIS*...

An appendix to the QUARTER LIFE CRISIS (erf.John Mayer). A sense of not belonging to any place. But I have been anything but nomadic so why ME? Maybe all the psycho-social factors around me have affected me...in ways best known to Mr.Sigmund Freud. But again the human mind works in ways best known to itself...we're but mortals...