Saturday, April 08, 2006

Happiness...

The scene...
------------
A gang of 12 friends trekking deep in the jungle...They're on their way back from a gratifying swim in a serene lake...all of a sudden it rains!...heavily!...a down pour!...no where to run...no shelter in sight...what do the guys do???...the leader of the pack puts down his ruck sack and....lies flat on the ground...all of them follow suit...

I was one of them....As I lay on the ground with the rain hittin on my face...with the mesmerising smell of wet earth engulfing me...the silent message that my friend passed was heard loud and clear by each of us..."ENJOY THIS MOMENT!"...The rain fell harder now and I could feel my heart sing with the rain...

The scene...
------------
8 biker dudes flying down a free highway...Straight road with meagre traffic...The night is chilly...

I was one of them...Sitting behind my friend I looked up at the sky...The wind blowing on my face I saw one of the most enigmatic and beautiful sights...A clear sky full of stars...The moon was also there but was dwarfed by the mystery of the night sky...I kept staring with an unknowing smile on my face...Slowly I felt my heart sinking...I was at the heights of ecstacy...Two tears rolled down...

What all does a person need to be happy? All the money in the world? All the power in the world? I for one am happy to be dwarfed by this beauty...Pure, intense, massive...