Friday, June 16, 2006

The day...

Shortest way to describe my 24th birthday...KICK-ASS(literally!!)...

Started off with the customary way of starting out the new year with a clean slate. My friends get to clear out any grudges they have against me by kicking the life out of me. But hey I get to do it back to them too (muhaaahaaaha...I've mentally jotted down each kick, its intensity and the placement...so no one think you're safe!). Anyways these were the weapons of mass destruction(of my butt that is)....



And thats me after the kicking extravaganza...I wuz happy dude! That Signature Rare Scotch Whisky...My first burday gift. And yeah thats haldi on my face which is also applied as part of the customary ritual...



The moment I'd been waiting for since time immemorial...My magnum opus...My own burday cake!!!



Ow and I thot it wuz all over...but nooooo I wuz so wrong. I wuz blindfolded and taken to this secluded place(our toilet) where a weird, smelly concoction which I distictly remember smelt of rotten animal flesh wuz poured on me. I wuz later informed that it consisted of curd, butter, rice, rotting vegetables, previous day's dal and some weird magic potion which would help my hair grow!



But after all this drama it hurt me only at one place :(



The day went on quite normally...Except for the fact that I wuz actually happy throughtout the day and the greeting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" actually started making sense. My friends came over for dinner that night and we had some solid fun. It wuz real...and ofcourse whats a burday without alcohol duuuuude??!!!



Owww...and thats me wearing my burday gift...



All in all it wuz a surreal experience and all my excitement did not go in vain. It feels good when you have ppl you like around you on such days....and they make you feel that...yeah! its ur day buddy!...thats what made it so different...thats what made it so special...I'm still stoic when it comes to celebrating birthdays but with amazing ppl like them around its tough to be myself. A big big THANK YOU to you all for making the day extra-ordinary...